For young researchers: Proof of Concept
Have you earned your spurs as a young researcher and come up with an idea for developing your research results into a marketable product? And are you looking for an opportunity to test and refine your idea. Then BRIDGE Proof of Concept is just what you are looking for.
BRIDGE Proof of Concept helps young researchers to apply their research results and gain the confidence needed to make a market entry. The projects may target innovations of all kinds from all research areas.
Who can ask for support?
You can apply for a BRIDGE Proof of Concept project regardless of discipline if you meet the following criteria:
- Your institution has assured you of their support for the duration of the project.
- You have gained research experience while studying for your bachelor's or master's degree, which you obtained no more than four years ago or
- you are on course to complete your doctoral studies within the next six months or less, or
- you are a working as a postdoctoral researcher, having obtained your doctorate no more than four years ago.
- You submit your proposal as an individual and not as part of a group.
This is how BRIDGE Proof of Concept can support you
- It covers your salary and any costs that are directly linked to the execution of your project; max. CHF 130,000 per year.
- It provides funding for your project for a twelve-month period.
- It may be extended once for a maximum of six months.
How to apply
Calls for Proof of Concept projects are launched up to four times a year.
If you need more information or support:
Call our hotline on +41 31 308 23 67 anytime from Monday to Friday, 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00.
Frequently asked questions: FAQ
Submission deadlines for Proof of Concept projects
- Fourth call: 11 September 2017, 17:00 CET
- Fifth call: 11 December 2017, 17:00 CET
- Interviews of the third call: 16/17 August 2017
- Interviews of the fourth call: 8/9 November 2017
16.10.2017 The fifth call for proposals for Proof of Concept is open. Read more
11.08.2017 This autumn, BRIDGE will conduct three information events in Manno, Olten and Neuchâtel. The events will focus on the Proof of Concept funding line. Read more
20.07.2017 The fourth call for proposals for Proof of Concept is open. Read more