BRIDGE Proof of Concept helps young researchers to apply their research results and gain the confidence needed for a market launch. In the context of this first call, a panel composed of experts in applied research evaluated 101 proposals in a two-stage process. After the first round of evaluation, 31 researchers were invited to continue to the second level - a presentation of the project and subsequent interview. The projects, submitted in February 2017, were deemed to be of very high quality. Based on the evaluation of the interviews, the SNSF and the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI) will use the available budget to support 11 projects that have a particularly strong scientific basis, a convincing implementation plan and a high economic or societal potential.
Each of the 11 young researchers will receive up to 130,000 Swiss francs in funding to implement their project.
- Victor Brasch, CSEM, Low-cost in-line telecom channel generator and frequency comb source
- Florian Emaury, ETHZ, Ultrafast semiconductor disk lasers: enablers for widespread bio-medical imaging
- Catalina Jossen Cardozo, HSLU, By Maria! Building a sustainable designer-shoemaker-customer-network
- Azadeh Khoushabi, EPFL, Optimization and testing of in situ photopolymerized endodontic sealer material
- Claudio Marforio, ETHZ, Sound-Proof - Proof of Concept Integration
- Juan Mario Michan, EPFL, NanoScrub: Exhaust Gas Purification and After-treatment System
- Jonas Pollard, UniFR, Malaria diagnostic via polymerization reactions
- Thomas Templier, ETHZ, Automated Magnetic Collection of Ultrathin Sections for High-Throughput Microscopy
- Mariia Timofeeva, ETHZ, High Resolution Nonscanning Multiphoton Polarimetric Microscope (PolarNon)
- Franziska Ullrich, ETHZ, Assistive Robotic System for Automated Intravitreal Injections
- Elif Vardar, UniL, Development of an injectable bioactive bulking formulation for long-term treatment of stress urinary incontinence
The second call for Proof of Concept was launched in January 2017. Young researchers can submit their projects until 13 March 2017.