Supported projects 2017
Proof of Concept projects of the fourth call set to go
Each of the 7 young researchers will receive up to 130,000 Swiss francs in funding to implement their project.
- Timothé Laforest, EPFL, Ex-vivo functional imaging of the neuro-retina
- Kevin Mamalis, HEIG-VD, Novel additive manufacturing method to produce silicone parts
- Clara Moldovan, EPFL, Carbon Nanotube Array Supercapacitors for High-Power High-Density Energy Storage
- Paola Occhetta, UniBS, uKnee: a 3D miniaturized in vitro platform to screen candidate anti-osteoarthritis drugs
- Wuwei Ren, ETHZ, KaleiBox: a portable device for multifunctional fluorescence tomography
- Tiziano Serra, AO Foundation, 3D Sound Induced Morphogenesis (3D-SIM)
- Saurabh Tembhurne, EPFL, SoHHytec - Onsite Fuel & Power Generation and Storage System using A Concentrated Integrated Photo-Electrochemical Device
Proof of Concept projects of the third call set to go
Each of the 6 young researchers will receive up to 130,000 Swiss francs in funding to implement their project.
- Endri Bezati, SIB, Fast Pathogen detection through embedded genomics in resource limited conditions
- Olga Dubey, Agroscope, Innovative natural fungicide to control Botrytis grey mold on fruits: new epidemiological insights.
- Josua Jordi, UniZH, A novel therapeutic approach to treat pandemic obesity and its comorbidities: A translational project from basic neuroscience research to a pharmaceutical product
- Kirsten Remmen, FHNW, Layer-by-layer modification of membranes for resource recovery
- Linda Schellhammer, UniZH, Improved biologicals for local brain cancer therapy
- Daniel Schmitter, EPFL, Augmented Digital Shape Modeling
Proof of Concept projects of the second call set to go
Each of the 8 young researchers will receive up to 130,000 Swiss francs in funding to implement their project.
- Michael Afanasiev, ETHZ, Salvus for next-generation full-waveform ultrasonic imaging solution
- Pascal Egloff, UniZH, Biodistribution analysis of 1’000 antibody drug candidates in one single mouse
- Ellen Fallowfield, FHNW, The Multiphonic Possibilities of Cello Strings: from Theoretical Investigation to Musical Practice
- Kutan Gürel, UniNE, Affordable optical frequency combs for metrology, spectroscopy, and sensing
- Gaël Peng, EPFL, Salt Separation in Supercritical Water for Sewage Sludge Valorization
- Andrew Seeber, FMI, Improving CRISPR-Cas9 efficiency using small molecules to modulate chromatin structure
- Dominic Staiger, UniZH, Data-Protection-as-a-Service Platform
- Tino Töpper, UniBS, Enhancing the capabilities of artificial muscle implants using low-voltage dielectric elastomer sensors
First Proof of Concept projects set to go
Each of the 11 young researchers will receive up to 130,000 Swiss francs in funding to implement their project.
- Victor Brasch, CSEM, Low-cost in-line telecom channel generator and frequency comb source
- Florian Emaury, ETHZ, Ultrafast semiconductor disk lasers: enablers for widespread bio-medical imaging
- Catalina Jossen Cardozo, HSLU, By Maria! Building a sustainable designer-shoemaker-customer-network
- Azadeh Khoushabi, EPFL, Optimization and testing of in situ photopolymerized endodontic sealer material
- Claudio Marforio, ETHZ, Sound-Proof - Proof of Concept Integration
- Juan Mario Michan, EPFL, NanoScrub: Exhaust Gas Purification and After-treatment System
- Jonas Pollard, UniFR, Malaria diagnostic via polymerization reactions
- Thomas Templier, ETHZ, Automated Magnetic Collection of Ultrathin Sections for High-Throughput Microscopy
- Mariia Timofeeva, ETHZ, High Resolution Nonscanning Multiphoton Polarimetric Microscope (PolarNon)
- Franziska Ullrich, ETHZ, Assistive Robotic System for Automated Intravitreal Injections
- Elif Vardar, UniL, Development of an injectable bioactive bulking formulation for long-term treatment of stress urinary incontinence