For experienced researchers: Discovery
Are you an experienced researcher with a clear and innovative idea? And would you like to start a project to develop the necessary foundations and to develop it further? Then BRIDGE Discovery is just what you are looking for.
BRIDGE Discovery is aimed at experienced researchers for basic as well as applied research in order to realise the innovation potential of research findings. It allows the researchers to forge ahead with their vision during the critical precompetitive phase.
Who can ask for support?
The Discovery funding opportunity is open to researchers submitting project based on a technological innovation with a strong societal or economic impact. In addition you have to meet the following criteria:
- You are conducting research at a university, a Federal Institute of Technology, a University of Applied Sciences or at another research institution pursuant to the Federal Act on the Promotion of Research and Innovation (Article 4 & Article 5).
- You have the competence to lead a research project.
- You submit your project as a single applicant or as a part of a small consortium of a maximum of 3 applicants.
This is how Discovery can help you:
- Coverage of staff salaries as well as costs directly linked to the execution of your project.
- The salaries of applicants cannot be funded by the Bridge budget. However, applicants who are employed at universities of applied sciences and fulfil special conditions can request funding directly from the CTI (please find the guidelines here or on bridge.mysnf.ch).
- Funding of your project for up to four years.
How to apply
Calls for Discovery projects are launched once a year.
If you need more information or support:
Call our hotline on +41 31 308 23 67 anytime from Monday to Friday, 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00.
Frequently asked questions: FAQ
Third call deadlines
- Letter of intent: 18 February 2019
- Full proposal: 8 April 2019
- Interviews of the 2nd call:
26/27 November 2018